What’s on Tap for June’s General Membership Meeting …
Wednesday, June 1, 7pm
Melody Ballroom, 615 SE Alder St., Portland
Members always Free – Non-members $3.00
Opening acoustic set – Froggy
Second electric set – JT Wise Band
Here comes the summer, and we’re all ready for lots of great music playing around town — both indoors and outside. There are always many choices in Portland when it comes to music and the blues are always right out there in front. The best way to kick off every month has long been the Cascade Blues Association’s monthly membership meeting. That has been true going on thirty years and we have no thoughts of letting up on that.
This month we’re going to be bringing yet another out of town artist to the meeting: William “Froggy” Hyland. “Froggy” is a singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Albany, working on his fourth studio CD. He is the host of one of the longest running blues jams in Oregon and an innovative tour de force.
The second set of the night will feature another of this year’s Journey To Memphis contestants, the JT Wise Band. JT Wise is an electric guitarist and songwriter from Portland, Oregon with a distinctive style and tone creating a signature sound. His musical influences read like a Clapton Crossroads Festival with the full spectrum of guitar from Clapton, Billy Gibbons, Vince Gill, Robben Ford, and a touch of Garcia and Betts.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – BEN RICE Fundraiser for International Blues Challenge
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – Steve Cheseborough
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – Kevin Selfe Blues Jam
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – Robbie Laws Blues Jam
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – Billy D.
- 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm, January 20, 2019 – Bolt Upright Sunday Jam