Board Update December 2021
Member voting for officer positions is Dec. 2-16. Candidate statements will be included in the member eblast.
Brad Bleidt led the first brainstorming meeting in mid-October, then presented the mission statement and priorities to the full board, which approved them. See below:
MISSION STATEMENT: A nonprofit organization committed to the promotion and preservation of all varieties of blues, Americana and roots music.
- BluesNotes (chair: TBD) Randy, Anni, John Taylor
- Media/Communication Strategy (chair: Nolan) Marie, Brad
- Diversity (chair: Marie) Robert, JP Peterson, La Rhonda Steele, Wendy Schumer
- Quarterly Events (chair: Robert)
- Partnerships & Venue Development (chair: Brad) Marie
- Survey (chair: Nolan) Marie
- Grant Writing/Revenue Generation (chair: Brad) Marie, Randy
- Acquisition & Assets Priorities (chair: Brad)
- By-Laws (chair: Brad), Marie
- Institutional Knowledge (chair: tabled until after officer elections…note that Shelley is documenting as much as possible to help the new board)
The committees are meeting now, so if you are interested in joining the conversation and guiding the direction of the CBA, please reach out to the lead (Brad Bleidt) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec. 12 at the Moose Lodge, 16411 NE Halsey — 2 p.m. See the event write-up by Anni for the complete details.