Midnight at the Crossroads
– feat. LaRhonda Steele
by Marie Walters
The CBA has partnered with Querencia Dance Productions and Echo Theater Company to promote a completely different kind of blues show on Oct. 22. “Midnight at the Crossroads” is a celebration of the blues and burlesque, an adult-oriented show, presented dinner-theater style at Portland’s Echo Theater.
Querencia Dance Productions and ETC are turning the historic Echo Theater into the hottest juke joint in town with “Midnight at the Crossroads,”’ a dark cabaret featuring burlesque and cabaret acts accompanied by live music. Fresh off her induction into the Oregon Music Hall of Fame, “The First Lady of Portland Blues,” LaRhonda Steele, and her band will provide the smouldering soundtrack for the rest of the performers.
The cast consists of Dahlia Kash, Kizmyastrid, Viper and the featured performer from Seattle, Nox Falls “The Naughty Body.”
- Dahlia Kash is known as “The Mocha Mae West” for her quick wit and sultry moves. A burlesque performer since 2013, this queer fat femme is gonna rock your world!
- Viper (they/them) is a burlesque/drag performer from Chicago. A sex-positive African deity that aims to please, they will tantalize you with their style, grace and fierceness …
- Nox Falls “The Naughty Body” is a “slow- burning doomwitch” with a niche for nasty — they have earned international accolades and a reputation for doing anything for you … in the dark.
- BeeBee Sanchez, whom many of you may remember from her years volunteering on the hospitality team at the Waterfront Blues Fest South Stage, will emcee and perform.
This is participatory theater, costumes and other finery are highly encouraged. Let the spirits inspire you and dress however you dare! But please wear a mask (required).
The audience is requested to wear masks and engage in physical distancing. Reduced capacity. Show is for ages 18-plus ONLY, no exceptions. VACCINE or negative COVID test required for entry. No refunds will be given for not meeting entry requirements.
Friday Oct. 22nd
Showtime: 9 p.m.
Tickets at Arts People: $20 advance, $25 at the door (if tickets remain)
$40 VIP front row table seats available, plus goodies. Must select two tickets at time of purchase.
Size positive and accessible seating area and entry.
For proof of vaccination, they will accept one of the following:
• Your physical vaccination card
• A clear, legible photo of your vaccination card
• A digital vaccination record
• A negative result from a COVID-19 test (PCR only, test taken within 72 hours)
You may also be asked to show your photo ID along with proof of vaccination.