The award-winning Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival was recently named “Best in Show” as one of the top festivals in Washington to catch this summer. Come see what all the fun is about in Winthrop, WA, July 15-17, 2016.
The lineup so far (with another major announcement to come June 1):
- Fabulous Thunderbirds featuring Kim Wilson
- Robert Randolph & the Family Band – ‘Sacred Steel’ jam/rock/blues phenom has been captivating audiences for a decade
- Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin with the Guilty Ones – The Blasters’ co-founding brothers
- Too Slim and the Taildraggers – Perennial festival favorite
- Wee Willie Walker – Legendary Memphis Soul Singer w/ The Randy Oxford Band’s Allstar Slam
- Randy Hansen – incendiary guitarist
- Christone “KINGFISH” Ingram – Mississippi’s brilliant young blues-guitar virtuoso
- Grace Love & The True Loves – Seattle’s up-and-coming neo-soul group
- Ben Hunter & Joe Seamons – 2016 International Blues Challenge winners
- Rose City Kings – named ‘Best New Blues Act’ by Portland’s Cascade Blues Association
- Hot Wired Rhythm Band – local supergroup won 2013 Best New Blues Band from Washington Blues Society featuring award-winning vocalist/bassist Polly O’Keary
- Nathan James – “One of the only guys in the world who can really play that traditional stuff right” – Kim Wilson of the Fabulous T-Birds
We will have more to announce in coming weeks but wanted to let you know the lineup is shaping up to be another spectacular festival. Tickets can be purchased thru Ticket Tomato, https://www.tickettomato.com/event/3391/29th-annual-winthrop-rhythm-amp-blues-festival/
Now in its 29th year, the Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival is the longest running, most successful blues event in Washington State and takes place in one of the region’s most spectacular festival settings—the Methow Valley of the North Cascades. A truly world-class event, the festival this past year received the coveted “Keeping the Blues Alive” award for Best US Festival from the Memphis-based Blues Foundation, which lauded the event for its strong, long-time commitment to its community and for presenting the best of the blues.
Check out our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/winthropbluesfestival/?fref=ts
Weekend Passes $90 advance, $100 at the gate.
Camp Site is $45 which includes camping for Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Camp Site for Thursday is $25 additional with the purchase of a weekend camping pass